RE: GigEth regenerators

  • From: Daniska Tomas
  • Date: Thu Jun 13 08:34:08 2002

a brief summary of responses up to now:

- there are several vendors making some kind of sx-to-zx gbe converters (they call it gbe extenders), which gives an equivalent of a device with a zx gbic. these vendors include jdsu, luxn, extreme etc.

- two companies were found making gbe optical regenerators - imcnetworks and transmode

- other solution is to try with edfa

mikael: which exact gbic did you use?

i was comparing cisco-reselled gbics and their cwdm gbics seem to be more than 10dB better on power budget... anybody tried this in real life?

thanks again

--

Tomas Daniska
systems engineer

A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first.