Fwd: [802.3ae] P802.3ae has been approved by Revcom

  • From: dave o'leary
  • Date: Wed Jun 12 17:39:08 2002

Just a quick follow-up message for my presentation at NANOG
yesterday.  The 10Gb Ethernet standard is ratified per below.

                                        dave

Subject: [802.3ae] P802.3ae has been approved by Revcom
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:38:42 -0700
From: "Jonathan Thatcher" <[email protected]>
To: "HSSG Reflector (E-mail)" <[email protected]>
Cc: "802. [email protected] Org (E-mail)" <[email protected]>

The note below says it all.

My profound thanks to all who have participated and especially those that have dedicated much of their life during the last three+ years to a rather magnificent piece of work. I sincerely hope that you and your companies will benefit greatly from this standard. Humanity at large certainly will.

I could fill volumes with accolades. Instead, let me simply say two things. I have been honored to have worked with such a great group; I appreciate the raw intelligence; the mutual respect; the dignity; and the integrity represented in our Task Force; I have never worked with, and doubt I will ever again work with a better class of people.

During the last 3 years, I have received a significant number of compliments regarding my work as chair. I have attempted to graciously accept these. But, I have always known, and attempted to make it clear, that my effort was not and is not of primary consequence. The credit truly belongs to you. This isn't some insincere attempt at humility. It is, simply, the truth.

Congratulations, Well Done,

Jonathan Thatcher
Soon-to-be IEEE P802.3ae X-Chair