Re: GigEth regenerators

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Wed Jun 12 11:51:15 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Daniska Tomas wrote:

> but for gigeth in this case - we need to connect two sites about 200km
> apart over dark fiber

Check out the 7020 from Transmode
<http://www.transmode.se/products/sing_dual.htm>

Btw, my personal best so far is 150km over dark fiber using a extra long
haul GBIC, 32dB loss over the fiber and it worked perfectly. Only tested
it for 10 minutes, but there were no CRC errors during that time.

+4dB output from the GGBIC, now we have to worry to not look into the
laser :)

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]