Reclaiming hijacked handle

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Mon Jun 10 10:06:37 2002

I noticed my handle was hijacked by a company I used
to work for.

Naturally, I want it back since I went to use it and it's
incorrect.

My old handle, MH309, is now MH569.

Question 1: Did ARIN start expiring unused handles or did
something in the process of the hijack cause my handle to increment up
to 569, which I'm assuming was the next open number in the
in the scheme for 'MH'.

Question 2: If an account is passworded, how were they able to
take it? Does ARIN not ask for a copy of a license or other
photo ID when making voice/fax based changes to POC's?

[ Then again, they could've used my photo from the HR files
  ala I9 documentation ]

Thanks,

-M