Re: KPNQwest ns.eu.net server.

  • From: Joao Luis Silva Damas
  • Date: Thu Jun 06 12:31:18 2002

At 16:35 +0200 6/6/02, Gert Doering wrote:
Hmmm?  As far as I can see, RIPE has enough providers.  The problem is
that the ccTLD secondary server hosted at KQ broke -
ns.eu.net has not "broke". At least not yet.
KPNQwest still has very competent people (and I would like to specifically thank Berislav Todorovic for embracing the idea of placing ns.eu.net outside KPNQwest to ensure stability and for all the support in actually doing it)

The RIPE NCC doesn't currently need further support to operate the service, which is why we volunteered to do it, to provide a stable service until further steps are undertaken without the concern for the time period KPNQwest will be able to continue to operate.

With time, since EUNet will not exist, ns.eu.net should also disappear (I am not quite sure the RIPE NCC would want to "own" the eu.net domain), but it should be after everyone has got time to think properly about a solution that suits them in the long term.

Cheers,
Joao