Re: OT: Re: Bogon list

  • From: Rafi Sadowsky
  • Date: Wed Jun 05 19:16:57 2002

Richard,

 Kindly explain how not knowing procmail (or Unix for that matter)
relates to configuring BGP/OSPF/Cisco IOS/JunOS
(Yes I know JunOS is based on FreeBSD -
 but I doubt anyone runs an MTA or MUA on it ... ;-)

For Example:

 I happen to know a senior technical consultant who went from reading his
Email on VM(IBM Mainframe) to reading it on his laptop with Eudora(POP3)
and couldn't(shouldn't?) care less whether what OS the MTA and POP3 server
run on

 Said person happens to be (semi)regular poster on NANOG and I seriously
doubt he's made anyone's kill rule ...

  Also don't even get me started on *security* consultants that are forced
(by corporate policy) to read Email on MS OutLook from an Exchange server :-(

--
	Rafi

## On 2002-06-05 15:54 -0400 Richard A Steenbergen typed:

RAS> On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 09:50:17PM +0300, Rafi Sadowsky wrote:
RAS> >
RAS> > ## On 2002-06-05 04:45 -0700 Randy Bush typed:
RAS> >
RAS> > RB> :0 Wh: msgid.lock
RAS> >
RAS> > Randy,
RAS> >
RAS> > Are you sure that:
RAS> >
RAS> >   1) All NANOG subscribers recognize the above as a procmail rule ?
RAS>
RAS> If they don't, they're probably in one.
RAS>
RAS> >   2) That all NANOG subscribers read list E-mail on machines that have
RAS> >  procmail on them ?
RAS>
RAS> This is still (for some definition of still) a technical list, mainly
RAS> composed of network engineers (you know, the people who don't buy clothes
RAS> because their entire wardrobe is paid for by vendors, and who have a
RAS> statistically high chance of being fat, bald, bearded, and/or spotted at a
RAS> NANOG bar), and other people involved in "operating the internet".
RAS>
RAS> As such, the posters are expected to have a certain level of common sense,
RAS> for example:
RAS>   * Knowing what procmail is and how to use it

 What is the logical connection between that and the following ?

RAS>   * Not posting in HTML
RAS>   * Not posting "where can I get a T1 in BF Egypt"

 What is BF ?