Re: KPNQwest ns.eu.net server.

  • From: Joao Luis Silva Damas
  • Date: Wed Jun 05 19:12:14 2002

At 11:04 -0700 5/6/02, Randy Bush wrote:
 > Given the current situation of KPNQwest and the possibility
 of its services going offline sometime soon, the RIPE NCC in
 agreement with KPNQwest will be temporally hosting this
 server (ns.eu.net) in its premises.
nice emergency hack and sorry to whine.  but i used them both
to get diversity.
Hi Randy,

there are 16 ccTLDs for which ns.ripe.net and ns.eu.net are both secondary. So we will definitely request those ccTLDs to look for a new host as soon as possible.
The rest can take bit more time to think what they want to do since ns.eu.net will keep running.

We are offering secondary service on ns.ripe.net for any ccTLD that we weren't sencodaring for, as are other people.

The idea is not to have ns.eu.net running for ever, just to enable people to have time to take rational decisions, without the fear of having the server going away because of some unexpected turn of events.

when in less of a panic, please move it to moscow or something.
Panic? what panic? this is just common sense

Joao

randy