Re: it's official

  • From: JC Dill
  • Date: Tue Jun 04 20:40:58 2002

On 05:15 PM 6/4/02, Sean M. Doran wrote:

>i hate spamarrest. i really do. i hate it.

Aha, you too! Got one like this, did you?

>[sender] would like to receive your email "Re: [subject]".
>
>[sender] is now using Spamarrest to block unwanted email.
>Spamarrest is a revolutionary and unobtrusive technology that
>stops spam before it reaches the inbox.
>
>Spamarrest is quick and easy -- just one simple step and all your messages
>to [sender] will be delivered directly, with no future authorization required.
>
>Please click the link to complete transit of your email
>and all future messages to [sender].

IMHO, this is completely unacceptable behavior for a subscriber in response to email sent thru this list. I can possibly understand having this policy in place for email being sent directly to the subscriber (not thru the list), but not for list email, and particularly not for email from *this* technical list. If you want to play around with stupid filters and forget to first whitelist your mailing lists, go play somewhere else, like on groups.yahoo.com.

jc (next time I'll tell you how I *really* feel!)