Re: Bogon list

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Tue Jun 04 12:55:20 2002

Hi, Richard.

] The problem with bogon lists is that they change on a fairly regular
] basis, for example each time a registry is given a new /8 to allocate

Actually no, they don't.  That is the surprising part; the rate of
change is quite low.  Still, I have put in place code to ensure that my
various documents (Secure [BGP|IOS|BIND] Template) do not black hole a
legitimate network.  :)

] And probably lots more if you go mine the database (and assuming you're
] willing to make a committment for life to continue watching the database
] for when they stop being reserved :P).

I already have.  My social life is proof of that.  :)

Thanks!
Rob.
--
Rob Thomas