Re: packet sniffers and protocol decoders used by isps

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Tue Jun 04 10:46:02 2002

[ On Tuesday, June 4, 2002 at 09:52:20 (+0200), Daniska Tomas wrote: ]
> Subject: packet sniffers and protocol decoders used by isps
>
> i'd like to make an idea of which sniffers and (the more important part)
> decoders are included in the arsenal of engineering tools used by
> network engineers at various isp sizes

tcpdump and ethereal

Please DO NOT EVER send HTML, rich text, or otherwise stylized e-mail,
especially not to me or to any public mailing list.  Not all mail
readers will recognize such formats.  HTML in particular is a potential
security threat and many firewalls filter it entirely -- especially
since CERT and Microsoft recently anounced a very major flaw in the HTML
rendering engine used in all Microsoft products.  Please send all your
messages as plain text only.  Thanks!

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;  <[email protected]>;  <[email protected]>;  <[email protected]>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; VE3TCP; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>