Re: Routers vs. PC's for routing - was list problems?

  • From: Jake Baillie
  • Date: Thu May 23 18:01:03 2002

Let me elaborate. I thought Steve was concerned about the limited writablity of flash.

My thought was to build something like a Linux router, you'd have to load the OS into a RAMdisk (or something similar), and only write to flash when the config changed. Which means you'd need some sort of singular configuration file.

But I was wrong. :) He meant "read-only"

*back to lurk mode*

-- jb