Re: Certification or College degrees? Was: RE: list problems?

  • From: Bram Dov Abramson
  • Date: Wed May 22 22:55:51 2002

[email protected]:
Valdis is from VT, so I hope he's listening.  Why
couldn't we as a networking community sit down and come up with a degree
program that goes from BS to PhD?  Sure it can touch on basic programming
and basic processor design, but it would be more heavily weighted towards
utilizing technologies on the market and creating solutions to the common
programs.  It could be a mix between the CCIE, Net+, etc.  Because I know
my Comp Engineering program doesn't touch on anything related at all to
networking, and never even mentions the idea of security.  So why not
create a focused area for this?
cf

Internet Engineering Curriculum Repository
http://www.caida.org/outreach/iec/

MEng Internetworking
http://www.dal.ca/~eine/index.html

cheers