Re: Cisco quality

  • From: Rob Healey
  • Date: Wed May 22 12:39:11 2002

> For those saying Cisco is so great, it's still fucked up pretty bad.  IOS
> 12.1 and later doesn't allow an MTU > 1460 on L2TP, while 12.0.7(T) works
> fine with a 1492 MTU that my PPPoE customers expect.  Every rev I've tried
> from 12.0 and up has problems with CEF when using ISL VLAN sub-interfaces,
> and without CEF, mac-accounting is screwed up.

	If C brand worked properly as shipped how would Cisco support
	services and other consultancys survive?

	It's a MUCH bigger market in consulting services and Rent-a-Expert than
	the initial hardware/firmware sales.

	If Cisco shipped mostly working product then thousands of high paying
	jobs would be lost and probably a billion or more support dollars would
	never make the rounds in the economy.

	Microsoft and Cisco do the tech industry a HUGE favor by shipping
	misfunctional equipment/software to which consulting services and
	professional services can then step in and hawk their
	wares/bodys/solutions.

	If Cisco and Microsoft shipped properly working product the tech
	industry/economy would probably disintegrate!

	Once you understand the above, the technical industry starts to make a
	little more sense; its consulting and professional support services that
	drive the economy and not properly functioning gear!

	-Rob