RE: Cisco 7200 VXR with NPE-400 (was RE: The market must be coming back)

  • From: Heath_Dieckert
  • Date: Wed May 22 10:08:14 2002

Based on our testing it looks like it all has to do with packet size.  With
small packets the throughput is very low.  With what Cisco calls an
"internet mix" of packet sizes throughput is much better.  When doing max
MTU packets, the throughput is of course the best.

Also remember that Cisco as well as most other vendors advertise one way
traffic only.  If you have traffic on the return path, that counts against
their numbers.

So 400000 pps one way is the same to them as 200000 pps both ways.

Interesting thread

Thanks.