RE: Cisco quality

  • From: Robert Blayzor
  • Date: Wed May 22 08:29:53 2002

> For those saying Cisco is so great, it's still fucked up
> pretty bad.  IOS
> 12.1 and later doesn't allow an MTU > 1460 on L2TP, while
> 12.0.7(T) works
> fine with a 1492 MTU that my PPPoE customers expect.  Every
> rev I've tried
> from 12.0 and up has problems with CEF when using ISL VLAN
> sub-interfaces,
> and without CEF, mac-accounting is screwed up.
>
> Now if they charged 1/5th of what they do, I'd say you're getting
> reasonable value for your dollar...

I believe this is an operational issue list and not a flame / bash Cisco
list.  Instead of looking at the glass half full, look at it as half
empty and look at how far IOS has come in the past two years.  Sure they
have some bugs and shortcomings, but if you think anyone else out there
is any better at this game, drop Cisco and go with them.  Or maybe the
best thing to do is keep pushing your TAC case until they resolve the
problem and relate your problems to open cases on the bug tracker.

IMHO if you look at IOS as a whole and compare the good with the bad,
it's hardly "fucked up pretty bad".

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change to
take effect. Reboot now? [ OK ]