Re: Cisco 7200 VXR with NPE-400 (was RE: The market must be coming back)

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Tue May 21 12:08:26 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 04:55:51PM +0900, Gary wrote:
> Richard:
>
> > And if^H^Hwhen you run into a really fun issue, don't even think
> > about calling Foundry TAC after hours, all you'll get is someone's house
> > with their screaming kids in the background.
>
> Our TAC is 24/7 and has been 24/7 for years.  I work in the Support Center
> for Japan.  We have not gone 24/7 yet, but it is under investigation.
> Sitting 2 feet from me is a gentleman who has been working with Foundry
> products since '97.  He has called almost every day since then and not once
> has had the problem you described.  I did not mention to him why I was
> asking these questions and he is honest.   Did you call the wrong number?
> This looks a bit personal...

I didn't say it wasn't 24/7, I just said it rang through to someones house
with their screaming kids in the background on a regular basis. I do know
how to operate a telephone, thanks. :)

And it's nothing personal, I have actually been one of Foundry's biggest
supporters compared to almost every other engineer I know. Everyone else
gave up using them in layer 3 a long time ago.