RE: Interconnects

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Mon May 20 18:56:34 2002

PAIX shares MFN/Abovenet's peering agreements? That's quite a trick. While
Above does peer at PAIX, as do many other folks, the amount of peering that
Above has there does not speak to the quality of the exchange point, nor
does it add value in any real way. There is MFN fiber in there, but that
goes without saying.

This is not to slam PAIX or Paul Vixie - I'm a big PAIX fan, and Paul has
done a superb job. However, MFN adds no value, and only hurts PAIX's
credibility with it's massive financial problem. PAIX without MFN will, once
again, be a great thing. Hopefully this will be soon.

- Daniel Golding