Re: Arbor Networks DoS defense product

  • From: PJ
  • Date: Wed May 15 21:18:41 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:22:39PM -0700, PJ wrote:
> > Even more, I would hate to see the advocation of a hostile reaction to
> > what, so far, is not considered a crime.
>
> Feel free to go portscan some US military and federal interest networks,
> then. If it's not a crime, you shouldnt have any problems scanning them.

If it's a crime, someone should have no problem citing the code.  If
it's not a crime, than I am guilty of nothing and should have nothing
to fear.  Of course, in the present political climate, that's
probably not the case, but it doesn't make it right.  However, there
is legal precident that port scanning is not illegal.  There are
always going to be people who are going to probe and poke, as long as
there is no direct harm, who cares?  Sorry, the days of people sitting
in nice straight lines, only doing what you want them to do and only
going where you want them to go are not yet upon us.

http://online.securityfocus.com/news/126

PJ

--
Aaron Gaudio
"The fool finds ignorance all around him.