Re: Arbor Networks DoS defense product

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Wed May 15 20:31:01 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002, PJ wrote:
> On Wed, 15 May 2002, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > We are not landmining for DOSing.
> > We are landmining to make it very dangerous for attackers to scan networks
> > and probe hosts.
> Are you now operating under the premise that scans != anything but the
> prelude to an attack?  Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread, but
> I would hate to think any legitimate scanning of a network or host
> would result in a false positive.  Even more, I would hate to see the
> advocation of a hostile reaction to what, so far, is not considered a
> crime.

It would take more than a single landmine hit to get blackholed. Like, duh.

Enough hits on a wide sensor net prove bad intentions, as proven by dshield.

I'm suprised at the extremely shallow level of arguments so far against
landmines.

Well, I guess I shouldnt be suprised -- this *IS* nanog, after all... :P

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]