Re: BGP and aggregation

  • From: Roger Marquis
  • Date: Mon May 13 17:54:53 2002

Scott Granados wrote:
> We set ospf
> internally, set up bgp for the announcements at each site and used the
> no-export tag for the more specifics.  Then gre tunnels:) for the
> internal.  It worked and I pushed probably 45 to 50mb over the internal
> loops or gre tunnels.  Not ideal but it worked.

Last time I tried this (IOS11.X to IOS11.X GRE) it was unreliable
due to MTU limits.  Certain websites (mainly financial) send large
packets and set DF.  This probably works around some security issue
but the result was that these SSL servers couldn't reach clients
over the GRE.

--
Roger Marquis
Roble Systems Consulting