Re: Asian exchange points

  • From: Philip Smith
  • Date: Sun May 12 04:56:06 2002

Richard,

There are several exchange points, but their functions tend to be slightly different from what is understood in the US. IXes such as SOX (Singapore), HKIX (Hong Kong), JPIX & NSP-IXP2 (Japan) and KIX & KINX (Korea) tend to be the more oft quoted IXes in Asia and are familiar in design and function. The others are either very much in-country exchanges offering neutral traffic exchange, or being run by one operator as a for profit transit service provider. (Consider in the latter cases the use of the word exchange as a "marketing" term... ;-)

As others have pointed out, www.ep.net has the list of all the known ones. Hope this helps.

philip