RE: ratios

  • From: Dean S Moran
  • Date: Thu May 09 19:22:58 2002

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
>Your quality of life is affected by being turned down for peering how?

Who said I was turned down for peering?  When I buy a pipe from an internet
provider, I buy it under the assumption that I'm going to be able to see
the entire internet from it.  I know that probably any given moment, that
some small part of the internet is going to be inaccesible due to outages
or routing loops, but I do not expect to lose a path to another provider
for days because my upstream decides to bully the competition.  I depended
on, and had customers who depended on, being able to reach AS174, and for
years this "just worked" so there was no need to multihome.  Short outages,
or even overnight outages never hurt us, so single-homing was the way to
go.  All of that changed when C&W depeered from PSI.  I lost a lot of money
due to Mr. Jansen's fascism.

Understand now?

Dean

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com