Re: ratios

  • From: Chris Parker
  • Date: Tue May 07 18:10:35 2002

At 05:50 PM 5/7/2002 -0400, PETER JANSEN wrote:

Scott:

    Ratios are normally applied to either direction, since it is not
totally understood who benefits from what traffic direction. Who benefits:
the eyball or the content provider???
I would say that both, which is why I personally feel that ratios are
misapplied in a lot of instances.

( Some providers feel that it benefits neither the eyeball or the content
  provider to peer, they would like both to pay them for transit )

BTW Peter, thanks for killing our peering sessions.  I guess our eyeballs
were of no benefit to your content providers?  *shrug*

-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \        Chris Parker
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                  \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net