Re: IP renumbering timeframe

  • From: Eliot Lear
  • Date: Mon May 06 13:35:28 2002

Randy is right.  We don't know both sides.  That having been said...

Ralph Doncaster wrote:
What it tells me is I should have wasted enough space to consume 8 /24s
long ago, so I could get a /20 directly from ARIN.
Right. What ISPs need to realize is that whatever benefit that is gained from provider-based addressing can be negated by people not having faith that they can transition from one set of addresses to another. Being excessively strict benefits no one. And so each side needs to be reasonable. Otherwise we'll have end customers going to ARIN -- or EBay.

In other words, this might be another instance of a frog in the pot.

Eliot