RE: Effective ways to deal with DDoS attacks?

  • From: Barry Raveendran Greene
  • Date: Sun May 05 14:13:18 2002

Be mindful that uRPF Strict Mode was created to help scale BCP 38 filtering.
If you have 1000 lease line customers and can use uRFP Strict Mode on 80% of
those customers, that is 80% fewer BCP38 ACLs that you need to manage.

For the other 20% you have uRFP + BGP tweaks or plain old ACLs. But as Chris
inferred, that 20% where you cannot use simple uRPF is also the 20% most
difficult customers.