Re: anybody else been spammed by "no-ip.com" yet?

  • From: Forrest W. Christian
  • Date: Sat May 04 19:21:33 2002

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Eric A. Hall wrote:

> First, nobody wants to pay $.02 to email grandma. They will pick up the
> phone instead. Second, nobody will send any emails that they don't have
> to, period. This will just drive Internet users away because of the cost
> rather than being driven away because of spam.

I'm talking strictly end-user to end-user payments here.

The people in the middle would get *nothing* beyond what they are getting
today.

Grandma would get 2c for each mail she received.  Grandma would pay 2c for
each email she sent.  Where does that cause the problems you are talking
about?

- Forrest W. Christian ([email protected]) AC7DE
The Innovation Machine Ltd.                              P.O. Box 5749
http://www.imach.com/                                Helena, MT  59604
Home of PacketFlux Technogies and BackupDNS.com         (406)-442-6648
      Protect your personal freedoms - visit http://www.lp.org/