Re: Large ISPs doing NAT?

  • From: Scott Francis
  • Date: Fri May 03 03:15:29 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 04:44:28PM -0700, [email protected] said:
> At 01:20 AM 5/2/2002 -0700, Scott Francis wrote:
>
> >The average customer buying a "web-enabled" phone doesn't need a
> >publicly-routeable IP. I challenge anybody to demonstrate why a cell phone
> >needs a public IP. It's a PHONE, not a server.
>
> I'm not buying a phone I can't run ssh from. End of story. My current phone
> does all that and more. Why step back into the dark ages of analog-type
> services?

*grin* Mine runs ssh too. :) I just wish I had time/talent enough to hack it
to do key-based auth and ssh v2. Note my use of the phrase 'average customer'
though. Readers of this list probably do not qualify as such.

--
Scott Francis                   [email protected] [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t
Systems/Network Manager          [email protected] [work:]         t o n o s . c o m