Re: Large ISPs doing NAT?

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Thu May 02 20:30:10 2002

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Joe Abley wrote:

> The concern exists regardless of the specifics of the always-on,
> cellular packet radio protocols being used, surely?

You're right, of course. I was focusing on the wrong thing when I replied.

> > [GSM coverage is patchy in the US]
>
> It's prevalent elsewhere. I'd be surprised if there aren't more GSM
> subscribers in the world than non-GSM subscribers.

GSM is *the* standard in Europe. Australia, Korea, Japan and a couple
other Pacific-Rim countries are primarily CDMA. South America is primarily
TDMA. Most of the rest of the world is GSM, if I'm not mistaken.

--
Steve Sobol, CTO (Server Guru, Network Janitor and Head Geek)
JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET   http://JustThe.net