RE: DDOS attacks and Large ISPs doing NAT?

  • From: Mansey, Jon
  • Date: Thu May 02 14:38:06 2002

Unless Im mistaken (entirely possible), an IP enabled phone has 2 distinct
and separate "stacks", the IP stack and the "phone" stack.

As I said, in a NAT'd scenario the IP stack will never see an unsolicited
request and hence not respond to it.

The phone side of course will ring when called. Duh.

GPRS <> VoIP (yet)

Jm