RE: DDOS attacks and Large ISPs doing NAT?

  • From: Mansey, Jon
  • Date: Thu May 02 14:19:56 2002

That would come under the heading of a virus or trojan I believe. And sure
there is no reason a NAT'd cell phone couldnt participate in this type of
attack.

The DDOS discussion is specifically referring to a "live" syn or syn/ack
attack from hosts that respond to connection requests. A NAT'd cell phone
wont, cant ever, respond to an unsolicited connection request.

jm