Re: Forget Bernie...

  • From: Rachel K. Warren
  • Date: Thu May 02 06:58:28 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 04:04:56AM -0400, blitz wrote:

> http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/020502/telecoms_worldcom_1.html
>
> Bernie was dragged kicking and screaming out of Wcom today according to
> news I read....perhaps they chained him to his multi-milliondollar sailboat
> and pushed it twords the Bermuda triangle.
> John Sidgmore is now CEO. Yawn...
> Of course, they make little mention of his $630 mil "loan" that seems to be
> "dissapeared".

It hasn't all dissapeared, unless Mr. Ebbers is lying (which may be the case) -

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=764406

---
Case: What are you going to do now?

Ebbers: I'm going to spend my time fulfilling my obligation to the company.
One is to liquidate the debt I owe the company.

Case: Which is how much?

Ebbers: Three hundred and sixty some million dollars.

Case: And how are you going to do that?

Ebbers: The good Lord has given me assets which have a much greater value
than that. I'm going to be restructuring those assets or maybe selling
some of them. John Sidgmore has asked me to stay on to be a consultant to
him. I'm going to do everything I can to help the company. It will be an
adjustment but it'll be fun.
---

The interview overall is fairly amusing.

Rachel

--
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the
intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell