Re: Large ISPs doing NAT?

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Thu May 02 00:46:10 2002

On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 10:33 , Steven J. Sobol wrote:

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Deepak Jain wrote:

I'm more concerned that if the major metropolitan markets deploying GPRS
all use NAT, then the Next Big Thing won't ever happen on GPRS devices.
Customers won't jump ship if they have no where to jump to.
The only people who'd be deploying GPRS are GSM cellular providers, no?
The concern exists regardless of the specifics of the always-on, cellular packet radio protocols being used, surely?

[GSM coverage is patchy in the US]
It's prevalent elsewhere. I'd be surprised if there aren't more GSM subscribers in the world than non-GSM subscribers.

Joe