Re: Effective ways to deal with DDoS attacks?

  • From: dies
  • Date: Wed May 01 21:51:35 2002

Then you are pushing out /32's and peers would need to accept them.  Then
someone will want to blackhole /30's, /29's, etc.  Route bloat.  Yum!

Additionally you are creating a way to basically destroy the Internet as a
whole.  One kiddie gets ahold of a router, say of a large backbone
provider, takes one of their aggregate blocks (/16? /10? /8?) and splits
it into /32 announcements.

Anyways, some providers already allow you to set a community on a route,
and they will inturn "blackhole" it for you.  I believe Teleglobe does
this for some customers and I know UUNet does this for all customers.