Re: Large ISPs doing NAT?

  • From: Roland Dobbins
  • Date: Wed May 01 19:29:00 2002

I think a lot of the GRPS stuff is heading towards IPv6 w/IPv4
gatewaying.

The NAT issue has certainly resulted in a quite a few disgruntled
satellite customers (I'm thinking here primarily of direcpc.com) who're
willing to put up with the large latencies, but get really irate when
their apps won't work via NAT, or who want to run RFC1918 space for a
LAN at home, then find out that lots of stuff can't stand being NATted
twice.

Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> // 650.776.1024 voice

"Central databases already exist. Privacy is already gone."

     -- Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle Corporation