Re: North American: Train Derailment - West of Winnipeg

  • From: Steve Gibbard
  • Date: Fri Apr 26 16:05:13 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Sean Donelan wrote:

> >From the "other" part of North America, and country hosting the
> next NANOG meeting.
>
> Fairly major Train Derailment East of Winnipeg.  Many Canadian carriers
> affected, (This is a major 360 condo build) although most have fiber route
> diversity.

I'm curious.  I think I've gone the last couple of months without hearing
about any train derailments, and then between news media reports and the
NANOG list I think I've heard of four this week.  A quick check of news
media websites didn't turn up anything on this one, but I may just not be
looking at the right sites.

Are train derailments common events that don't get much press coverage (or
maybe that don't get much coverage unless it's a passenger train), or was
this an especially bad week?

-Steve

Steve Gibbard				[email protected]