RE: CIA Warns of Chinese Plans for Cyber-Attacks on U.S.

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Thu Apr 25 18:41:10 2002

---

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 06:01:50PM -0400, [email protected] said:

> Is it really hard to believe that the Chinese government would actively
fund
> cyberterrorism?

The ratio of useful traffic to spam/attacks from APNIC space is already so
low as to be nearly non-existent. A little active help from a governmental
body couldn't make it much worse than it already is.

---

Also a good point. :)

I think the media makes a big deal about gov't sponsored cybermischief
because I think the implication is that they'd do it better than a few
kiddies. While a gov't sponsored group may use information illegally gotten
better, I have never seen evidence that they are more effective or more
sinister in their successes.

YMMV,

Deepak Jain
AiNET