Re: The Myth of Five 9's Reliability (fwd)

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Wed Apr 24 17:04:00 2002

Art Houle wrote:

How to calculate uptime and get 5 9s

-do not include any outage less than 20 minutes.
-only include down lines that are actually reported by customers.
-when possible fix the line and report 'no trouble found'.
-remember that your company is penalized by the FCC for bad ratings, so
don't report any problems that you do not have to.

You forgot my favorite :

Every trouble report from a customer must include at least 2 hours on hold before a ticket is opened.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks