Sorta OT: IP Multicasting

  • From: Mike Nice
  • Date: Mon Apr 22 16:29:26 2002

I've scanned the web for the latest information on working with IP
Multicasting.   There's a bunch of old (obsolete?) information dealing with
MBONE, and pointers to http://www.ipmulticast.com which doesn't respond.

   1.)  Are there any pointers to URLs that deal with issues to set up for
both incoming and outgoing multicasts?   I can't find many examples that
show this from an ISP point of view.

  2.)  Is it worth my effort?  In other words, what % of the internet
audience is capable of receiving multicast IP from an audio feed?

   3.)  Are there any examples of audio feeds that use Multicast I can test
with?

   Thanks,

    Mike N