Re: [OT] Microsoft makes networked software 'illegal' on XP.

  • From: Richard Forno
  • Date: Sun Apr 21 13:38:42 2002

Well, I think new MS XP licensing said something like the Win file/print
sharing can not be used by any GPL software, thus attempting to prevent
Linux et al from sitting on a Win network and using Win network
resources......but I forget where I heard that....maybe it was slashdot.

In MS case, it never hurts to read too much into their legaleese or business
cases.  :)

rf