Re: is your host or dhcp server sending dns dynamic updates for rfc1918?

  • From: bert hubert
  • Date: Fri Apr 19 13:37:48 2002

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 10:06:19AM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> > according to our border flow stats, not all of them get nat'd on the way
> > here.
>
> we already knew nats were broken.
>
> but i still believe that win2k behind nats probably explain most of the
> data behind the updates for 1918 space from non-1918 ip source addresses.

We find that updates in the forward zones are a great way of tracking
laptops, btw, as nobody ever changes the 'domain' or whatever it is called
in Windows.

So you see these updates coming in from everywhere the laptop goes.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services