Re: is your host or dhcp server sending dns dynamic updates for rfc1918?

  • From: bert hubert
  • Date: Fri Apr 19 07:21:34 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 04:57:59PM -0700, Paul Vixie wrote:

> according to http://root-servers.org/, dns transactions concerning rfc1918
> address space are now being served by an anycast device near you (no matter
> who you might be, or where.)  there will eventually be official statistics,
> but i thought i'd give everybody a chance to clean up their houses first.

And right you are. However, pray tell, why doesn't bind feature a simple way
to not log these spurious updates? As far as I can tell lots of people want
to just ignore these messages but can only do so by turning off all security
logging.

Please note that PowerDNS is just as silly in this respect up to 1.99.9. The
next version features --log-failed-updates which defaults to off.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services