Re: anyone using teleglobe?

  • From: Nick Feamster
  • Date: Fri Apr 19 01:35:23 2002

We noticed teleglobe sending us 400+ BGP announcements per day up until
March 22.

207.45.223.0/24
207.45.205.0/24
207.45.195.0/24

For example, the graph linked below shows where 207.45.223.0/24 sent us ~
400 updates per day for many months:
http://ginseng.lcs.mit.edu/bgpview.cgi?time=between&start=2001-10-1&end=2002-4-18&bins=500&prefix=207.45.223.0%2F24&rel=eq&aspath=&asrel=contain&origin_as=&scale=linear&table=updates_new&action=plot&View=View

On 3/22/2002 12:55:35 EST, we saw a withdrawal for all three of these
prefixes, followed by an advertisement of the aggregate 207.45.192.0/19 on
3/22/2002 23:05:00.

...and the large amounts of advertisements stopped once and for all.

Can someone enlighten us as to what happened here?  Why were these
prefixes flapping out of control for so long?

Thanks,
Nick