Re: CAR

  • From: Ken Yeo
  • Date: Thu Apr 18 18:14:23 2002

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for the explaination. Based on your email, if CAR is applied at
router B to rate limit inbound and outbound traffics at 128kbps but the
realtime video takes 512kbps, the traffics will transverse from
upstream-->backbone and CAR will drop packets at 384kbps in router B. At
that time, I guess the RTSP or H.323 application will error out and stop
requesting traffics? So in order to use CAR to rate limit traffics to
customers, we need to apply CAR at ingress and egress routers. How is
everyone else doing that?

Suan "Ken" Yeo
Network Engineer
Aurum Technology