Re: Links between cabinets at commercial datacentre

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Wed Apr 17 05:15:06 2002

    >   The data center prohibits direct cabling between clients cabinets,
    >   even if the clients agree.

They require that all cables from customer racks go to a "meet-me room"
and crossconnect there?  If so, are you also allowed into the meet-me
room?

Or are they simply not allowed to purchase "unlit" service at all?  That
is, are tenants in the data center only allowed to purchase circuits from
the telco, as opposed to crossconnects?

    >   While acknowledging that a data center may make any rules it likes, I
    >   am asking nanog how common this practice is.

This is very uncommon.  Rules like these do exist, but facilities with
such rules very rarely attract enough customers to be worthy of interest
to people building exchanges.

                                -Bill