Re: genuity - any good?

  • From: Jesper Skriver
  • Date: Sat Apr 13 13:53:19 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 04:53:38PM +0100, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> Genuity - first class provider, I would recommend them
>
> What transit provider doesnt use prefixes? Do you think they're mad
> enough to accept anything you send them?
>
> And yes, they update the filter within minutes of you confirming the
> request with them .. I have suggested they could build the filters
> from RR but a quick email isnt the end of the world i guess..

It's a PITA when you sell transit your selv, and build your own filters
based on the IRR's.

We have been a happy Genuity customer for years, but are seriously
considering cancelling our connection to them, as it's too much work to
manually get the prefix lists updated.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)