Re: genuity - any good?

  • From: Simon Lyall
  • Date: Fri Apr 12 18:11:01 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Roy wrote:
> 1) Their BGP polices are not as good as others.  They force you to register
> each route you want to advertise rather than allowing you to advertise any
> reasonable route for your prefixes.

One of our upstreams wanted this so we just ended up sending them every
legit network/prefix combo for our main networks (2 * /17) . They end up
with over 500 entries in their database and any one time we are only
advertising about 20 of them.

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: [email protected]
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: [email protected]