Re: genuity - any good?

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Fri Apr 12 14:15:22 2002

On 2002-04-11-19:16:57, matthew zeier <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've gotten attractive pricing from Genuity but I haven't used them
> in a couple years.  Is there any reason I wouldn't want to use them
> as a third upstream OC3 provider?

>From a customer service prospective, Genuity is excellent.  Last time
we experienced problems, their NOC opened a ticket, had someone with
clue and enable looking at it, notified the customer (me), and had
testers from the LEC and WCOM on the horn -- all over the course of ~
5-10 minutes.  And this was 'after hours', mind you...

Pricing is a bit on the high side compared to other providers in their
league, at least when I've had things quoted out recently.  If you're
looking for quality over quantity, I'd have no qualms recommending
them.

-a