Re: genuity - any good?

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Apr 11 20:42:49 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, matthew zeier wrote:
> I've gotten attractive pricing from Genuity but I haven't used them in a
> couple years.  Is there any reason I wouldn't want to use them as a third
> upstream OC3 provider?

I love Genuity's latest set of commercials.  Who doesn't have a "legacy"
in their network?  Much better than Black Rocket (anything would have been
better).

For Internet stuff they are very good.  Genuity is a bi-coastal provider,
lots of business on the east and west coast, only a little in the middle
of the country.  They don't have as high a brand recognition as some other
providers, and they don't have a multi-product (long-distance, cell
phones, etc) sales force.  Genuity is one of a few providers I would
recommend as a primary ISP.  As a tertiary provider, they might be a
bit pricey in comparison to some of the other bit-mover providers.  But
when you need NOC support, they are top-notch.