RE: OT? cRTP header compression

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Thu Apr 11 16:35:04 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Christian Kuhtz wrote:

> use equipment that supports vad and comfort noise generation.  with a
> little tuning it can be made quite tolerable and very hard to detect.

True, but in the real world people notice. If I was building a cell
network no problem. My issues is I am replacing the PSTN, so I need to
offer as good if not better service. If we are talking calls to Japan I
can get way with less quality, but a office business line no way.

><>
Nathan Stratton				CTO, Exario Networks, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                  nathan at exario.net
http://www.robotics.net                 http://www.exario.net