Re: OT? cRTP header compression

  • From: Thomas Kernen
  • Date: Thu Apr 11 15:15:37 2002

Matthew,

Cisco-NAS and Cisco-Voice ml's didn't provide any feedback regarding my
initial question which was cRTP vs CPU usage.
Never seen any info about the fact that cRTP is not CEF switched in 12.2
on AS5300s, OTOH I've not seen any info that does specify which chassis
handles cRTP CEF switched.
>From CCO:
"With Release 12.1, if TCP or RTP header compression is enabled, it
occurs by default in the fast-switched path or the Cisco Express
Forwarding-switched (CEF-switched) path, depending on which switching
method is enabled on the interface. If neither fast-switching nor CEF
switching is enabled, if RTP header compression is enabled, it will
occur in the process-switched path as before"

Cheers
Thomas